Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Purpose of the Culinary Schools Blog ~ Culinary Schools Worldwide

I'll be posting about different culinary schools worldwide. I'll put the state where the school is located first, with the name of the school immediately after. For culinary schools in other countries, I'll lead with the country first. Full contact information will be included in each post.

Comments from current and past students is encouraged, so potential students can get a better idea of what to expect at each school.

My culinary career lasted 7 years. I started as a prep cook and ended as an Assistant Pastry Chef. I left the business to marry and start a family. I worked in Vermont in the summers and Florida in the winters. It was a blast, and I'd do it all over again!

I'll be posting contact information for some seasonal clubs that I've worked for and others in the network that I haven't, on my Culinary Careers Blog. The great thing about working seasonal is the chefs are all connected, and once you get your first job, and show integrity and a strong work ethic, you can easily find your next position with another chef in the network, if you wish. So you never have to worry about your next position.

Did I mention that most of these clubs offer room and board? That is a huge perk when you're just getting started. You can live in some very exclusive areas, too - like Palm Beach Island, minutes from the beach - for free! It doesn't get much better than that. The set-up is usually dorm-style but you don't spend that much time in your room anyway.

No comments: